Mass transit systems and highways have grown dramatically in recent years; as a result, public security risks are at an all-time high. Thus it has become a necessity to have high definition security surveillance system on public transports, including buses, rapid transits, trains, and airlines as well as highways. CCTV surveillance is vital to be placed within the public areas of these systems, conspicuously or covertly.
What Type of Camera System?
- Capture and monitor images of what takes place in specific locations in real time
- Camera can be fixed or operate remote
- Capture number plate data in the form of text rather than images
Purpose of CCTV
- Prevention and detection of crime ( from vandalism and robbery to terrorist attack )
- Health and safety of employees and all members of the public
- Real-time traffic monitoring
- Traffic enforcement